The DC Center for Global Education and Leadership’s first objective is to serve as an information clearinghouse for all those involved and interested in K-12 global education in Washington, DC. We want to do all we can to help educators, students, and parents learn about and take advantage of the wealth of global education opportunities, resources, and programs available at little or no cost in DC. Many of these opportunities are made available through members of the CGEL Partner Collaborative, who are specifically committed to expanding and improving global education for DCPS students and teachers.
Through our website, written communications, and face-to-face interactions, we want to be your best source for the latest information on all that’s going on globally in the city as it relates to elementary, middle, and senior high school students.
Check regularly for new opportunities –
- Professional Development
- School programs
- Field trips
- International travel
- Classroom speakers
- International visitors
- Special events
- International travel and exchanges
- Afterschool programs
- Special Events
Please note: Because our goal is to provide accessible opportunities, we concentrate on free and almost free opportunities, rather than fee-based programs.
- Check our website frequently for new opportunities, and sign up for our e-newsletter to receive regular updates by email.
- Let your friends and colleagues know that CGEL’s website at www.dc-cgel.org is the place to learn about free and almost free global education opportunities in DC.
- Know of any global education opportunities not posted here? The more we know the more we can share with others. Send information on any global education opportunities for educators or students to email@example.com. Be sure to include the following information:
- Your name:
- Your professional affiliation:
- Your email address:
- Your phone (optional):
- Information about the opportunity (up to one paragraph):
- Sponsoring organization:
- How to apply or register:
- Website for more information:
- Contact number or email address for further information:
Or simply download the Opportunities Submission Form below, and return to CGEL electronically or by fax.
Opportunities Submission Form (pdf / doc)